Licensing - Highways Act 1980 - Portable A Boards

A licence was required for portable A boards on Harlow Council land in the Town Centre, however all licences expired 31 March 2015 and no Portable A Boards have been licenced by the Council from that date.

If you wish to place an advertising board or display on the highway or pavement you need a licence from the local authority.

If you wish to place a portable advertising board (portable A board) on a privately maintained forecourt, over which the public do not have unfettered access, a licence is not likely to be required.