Universal Credit is a new benefit that has started to replace six existing benefits in Harlow. You can apply for Universal Credit if you are making a new claim and you are a single person, without dependent children, who would otherwise have been eligible for Jobseeker's Allowance (JSA).
Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support
Housing Benefit is means tested state benefit and Council Tax Support is a means tested discount.
- How much could I get and how do I apply?
- Is there a cap on benefit for working age people?
- Who can apply and what can it pay for?
- How will I be paid Housing Benefit and/or Council Tax Support?
- What proof will I need to show for my application?
- What do I need to do if my circumstances change, or I return to work?
- What happens if I am paid too much Housing Benefit and/or Council Tax Support?
- What to do if a person receiving benefits and/or support has died