Harlow Council’s annual free admission bonfire and fireworks night takes place at the Showground in Harlow Town Park on Sunday 5 November 2017. With support from Great Parndon Community Association. Please note: there will be no funfair but there will be a food and refreshments village.
This year the event will have a Harlow is 70 theme.
- Town Park map (pdf)
Bonfire, fireworks and entertainment
- Playhouse Stage from 6pm featuring:
- The Pauline Quirke Academy
- Hip Hop Pop
- Harlow Ballet
- Forever Jackson
- Studio 3 Aerial Academy
- West End Star Rob Houchen
- Bonfire lit at 6.45pm
- Fireworks display starts 7pm
Parts of Fifth Avenue a nd ancillary roads serving Fifth Avenue to be closed for a period of approximately 3.25 hours during 17:15 and 20:30 Sunday 5 November 2017.
- Road closures map (pdf)
- Limited parking available for Blue Badge holders only at Council Showground Town Park (off Fifth Avenue), parking before 6:15pm. Those parked in this car park will not be able to leave until Fifth Avenue has been reopened at 8.30pm. See road closure notice above.
- Council pay and display car parks located around the Town Park
- Pay and display car park at Harlow Town Train Station.
Safety and guidance
Harlow Council is asking residents help to make it a successful and safe night by following these simple rules:
- Please do not bring fireworks to the event.
- Please be careful with sparklers
- Wrap up warmly and wear appropriate clothing and appropriate footwear. Please be aware that the Showground may be muddy.
- Bring a torch.
- Please leave all pets at home.
- Ensure that children are accompanied at all times by an adult, If children become lost or separated please report to the Control Tent situated at the top of the Showground.
- For your own safety please remain behind the safety barriers at all times.
- The toilets next to Pets' Corner will be open - please note these may close 8pm
- A British Red Cross First Aid tent will situated at the top of the Showground
Cost: Free to attend
Location: Showground in Harlow Town Park