Council Tax

Most domestic properties (house, bungalow, maisonette, flat, mobile home, caravan or houseboat) are subject to Council Tax, no matter whether they are owned, rented or leased. The tax is collected by Harlow Council and is used to pay towards services provided by several authorities including Harlow Council, Essex County Council, Police Crime Commissioner for Essex (PCC) and Essex Fire Authority. Therefore Harlow’s Council Tax is made up of Harlow Council, Essex County Council, PCC and Essex Fire Authority charges. The property band determines what portion of the set Council Tax should be paid by those liable.

Pay your Council Tax online