Voting and elections

Latest news

Voting and elections latest news

Electoral Register

You are required by law to register to vote each year, however it is your choice whether you vote or not.

Researching lost friends or relatives: You can only view the current published Electoral Register in person at the Civic Centre reception. The register is based on address so it is extremely difficult to search for one name in 35,000 plus properties. if you wish to look at past years you will need to visit Essex County Council website for more information on researching family history.

Vote being put in a ballot box


Harlow Council organise and run Parliamentary, European, County and District Elections for the area as well as any referendums that are called.

District elections

County Council elections

Parliamentary (General) elections

European elections

Police and Crime Commissioners


Candidates election expenses

Election expenses and accompanying documents relating to election expenses sent to the proper officer of the Council and are available for inspection at the election office at Latton Bush Centre, Southern Way, Harlow, Essex CM18 7BL for a period of two years from the date of receipt. If you wish to inspect the expenses please contact the Elections Office on 01279 446043 to arrange an appointment.

Local Government Act 2000

The Local Authorities (Referendums) (Petitions) (England) Regulations 2011

The above regulations provide that a number of electors that is equal to five percent of the local government electors shown in the electoral register, may present a petition to the Proper Officer of the Harlow District Council seeking a referendum on the question whether the Council should operate executive arrangements which involve an elected mayor.

The Proper Officer of the Council gives formal notice that the number that is equal to five percent of the number of local government electors shown in the electoral register for the Council's area at 15 February 2017 is 3076. This number would have effect for the purposes of determining the validity of any such petitions presented to the Proper Officer.

Malcolm Morley OBE
Civic Centre
The Water Gardens
CM20 1WG

More information

More information on voting and elections, including information in other languages are available on the Electoral Commission's About my Vote website.