You are required by law to register to vote each year, however it is your choice whether you vote or not.
- How and who can register to vote?
- Why are there two registers and who has access to them?
- I live overseas, can I still register to vote?
- I am in the Armed Forces, how do I register to vote?
- I do not have a fixed address can I still register to vote?
- Has the Annual Canvass started?
- Can I inspect the register?
Researching lost friends or relatives: You can only view the current published Electoral Register in person at the Civic Centre reception. The register is based on address so it is extremely difficult to search for one name in 35,000 plus properties. if you wish to look at past years you will need to visit Essex County Council website for more information on researching family history.
Harlow Council organise and run Parliamentary, European, County and District Elections for the area as well as any referendums that are called.
- How to vote?
- Where are the polling stations and are they reviewed?
- I can't get to the polling station, can I still vote?
- Who is the Returning Officer and what is their role?
- Information on the Harlow District (Local) elections and results
- Current Harlow District Councillors
- Become a local Councillor
County Council elections
Parliamentary (General) elections
- Information on the UK Parliamentary (General) elections and results
- Current MP for Harlow
- Elections maps on Ordnance survey website
- Parliamentary Boundary Review 2018
Police and Crime Commissioners
- Information on the Police Crime Commissioners elections and results
- Current Police and Crime Commissioner for Essex
Election expenses and accompanying documents relating to election expenses sent to the proper officer of the Council and are available for inspection at the election office at Latton Bush Centre, Southern Way, Harlow, Essex CM18 7BL for a period of two years from the date of receipt. If you wish to inspect the expenses please contact the Elections Office on 01279 446043 to arrange an appointment.
Parliamentary election - 8 June - Harlow constituency
I hereby give notice that the election expense returns and declarations (including any accompanying documents) from the candidates and election agents have been delivered to me within the required timescales, and are available for inspection by prior appointment at the Election’s Office, Latton Bush Centre, Southern Way, Harlow, Essex CM18 7BL until 13 July 2019. Please contact the Elections Office on 01279 446043 to arrange an appointment.
Malcolm Morley OBE
(Acting) Returning Officer
Local Government Act 2000
The Local Authorities (Referendums) (Petitions) (England) Regulations 2011
The above regulations provide that a number of electors that is equal to five percent of the local government electors shown in the electoral register, may present a petition to the Proper Officer of the Harlow District Council seeking a referendum on the question whether the Council should operate executive arrangements which involve an elected mayor.
The Proper Officer of the Council gives formal notice that the number that is equal to five percent of the number of local government electors shown in the electoral register for the Council's area at 15 February 2018 is 3057. This number would have effect for the purposes of determining the validity of any such petitions presented to the Proper Officer.
The Water Gardens
More information on voting and elections, including information in other languages are available on the Electoral Commission's About my Vote website.