If you wish to surrender your Council garage tenancy you must:
- Leave the garage/hardstanding space fully vacant, clean and completely clear.
- Remove all fixtures and fittings from walls including any nails/screws.
- Remove any padlocks you have fitted and leave the garage locked.
- Ensure the rent account is clear.
- Bring two keys into Contact Harlow, Civic Centre. You will be given a ticket to see an Advisor.
- You should hand your keys into Contact Harlow> If you hand them in on a Monday then your rent account will be closed from the day before (Sunday). If you hand keys in after a Monday, you will be charged for that week’s rent. If the Monday is a Bank Holiday, you must return your keys to Contact Harlow on the first Tuesday after the holiday. If you hand keys in after the Tuesday, you will be charged for that week’s rent.
- We require at least two keys to be handed in for each garage, otherwise there will be a re-charge for a lock change.
- At the same time as handing in the keys the paper work MUST be signed, otherwise you rent account will continue to be charged until the tenancy is ended.
- If you are handing keys back on behalf of the tenant, you must have written and signed permission from the tenant or the keys will not be accepted.