To apply for social housing you need to join the Housing Needs Register.
The Housing Needs Register is a list of all people who qualify for social housing and need help finding somewhere to live.
You can join the Housing Needs Register if you have a:
- local connection to Harlow
- housing need
You cannot join the Housing Needs Register if you:
- do not have a local connection
- have a current antisocial behaviour order
- have lost your previous home due to antisocial behaviour
- have an outstanding injunction
- have a recent conviction related to domestic abuse
- have had a home closed by the police due to involvement with drugs
- have housing-related debt totalling £1,000 or more (not including mortgage arrears)
- have more than £50,000 from savings, equity or income
Housing initial assessment
To join the Housing Needs Register you will need to complete an initial assessment.