Pay Councils bills with credit or debit cards
Online payments are secure payments with up to 128-bit encryption, the highest level of security currently available.
Please be aware that there is a 2% commission charge on all payments made by credit card except when paying Debtor and Housing Benefit Overpayment
- You can pay Business Rates, Council Tax, Debtors (Sundry Debts), Housing and Garage Rents, Housing Benefit Overpayments, Council service charges and Council tenant House Contents Insurance online
- To make a payment you will need your reference number
- You can make a payment using the following credit or debit cards: Mastercard, Visa Delta, Solo, Maestro, Visa, Visa Electron
- When using this service please navigate using buttons on the web page
- If you are in a public place we strongly advise you make sure you are not overlooked as you enter your details to prevent them being misused by somebody else
- Once a payment has been selected, you can pay another bill at the same time by 'adding another item' to you basket before you 'pay for your transaction'
24 hour telephone payments
Harlow Council has a 24 hour, automated telephone payments line: 01279 446600, which can be used to pay Business Rates, Council Tax, Debtors (Sundry Debts), Housing and Garage Rents, Council service charges and Council tenant House Contents Insurance
If you have difficulty paying your Council bills please speak to an Advisor at Contact Harlow in the first instance. There are also a number of other independent organisations that may be able to give advice with not only Council bills but any other bills you may have.
Penalty Charge Notices (parking fines)
Enforcement of parking and waiting restrictions, both on Harlow streets and in Harlow Council owned car parks, is undertaken by the North Essex Parking Partnership. You can pay Penalty Charge Notices (parking fines) on the North Essex Parking Partnership website.