Harlow Council’s annual free admission fireworks night event takes place at the Showground in Harlow Town Park on Sunday 3 November 2013.
The Chair of Harlow Council Councillor Linda Pailing will light the bonfire at 6.45pm. There will be a laser show from 6.45pm leading up to the start of the 20-minute fireworks display at 7.15pm. The night’s celebrations will begin from 5.30pm with a funfair and the Heart 101.7 roadshow.
Around 15,000 spectators are once again expected to attend the display.
Fifth Avenue between the Sainsbury's roundabout and Edinburgh Way roundabout will close at 5.15pm and re-open at 8.30pm due to the large number of spectators expected to arrive at the Showground on foot. Residents who live in the area around the road closure will be given access during the closure. Local diversions will be in place.
There is no parking on site except limited parking for Blue Badge holders arriving before 6.15pm. All other drivers should use the Town Centre car parks.
Harlow Council is asking residents help to make it a successful and safe night by following these simple rules:
- Please do not bring fireworks to the event.
- Please be careful with sparklers
- Wrap up warmly and wear appropriate clothing and appropriate footwear.
- Bring a torch.
- Leave all pets at home.
- Ensure that children are accompanied at all times by an adult If children become lost or separated please report to the Control Tent situated at the top of the Showground.
- For your own safety please remain behind the safety barriers at all times.