Pest control - Ants

1. Does Harlow Council provide a service to treat for ants?Common garden ant

Harlow Council does not treat infestations of any ant other than the Pharaoh Ant.

2. How can I distinguish between a garden ant and a pharaoh ant?

The garden ant is black in colour and has a segmented body, workers are 5mm in length and he queen is 15mm long. The Pharaoh Ant is yellow in colour, the workers are only 2mm long and the queen is 5mm long.

3. Can I treat an infestation of ants myself?

You can treat an infestation of garden ants yourself. Identify and destroy the nest using boiling water or a proprietary insecticidal dust or spray around the nest and opening in buildings. It is important to remember whenever insecticides are used to read and follow the instructions on the packaging carefully. Ensure that sugary foods are kept in sealed containers and all food spillages are cleared up.

An infestation of Pharaoh's Ants must be professionally treated

Book a treatment for Pharoah Ants

You can book a free treatment for Pharoah Ants through Contact Harlow, however we will need to see a sample of the pest before a booking can be made.