Harlow Council’s annual free admission bonfire and fireworks night takes place at the Showground in Harlow Town Park on Sunday 3 November 2019.
We organise the event with support from Great Parndon Community Association
There will be no funfair, but there will be a food and refreshments village.
- Town Park map (pdf)
Look out for the Chair's chosen charities Addenbrooke's Charitable Trust and Livewire, who will be shaking their collection buckets to raise vital funding!
- 6pm - join us at the Playhouse stage for entertainment from Livewire, Hip Hop Pop, characters from Jack and The Beanstalk and a live DJ, all hosted by Fanny Galore. Harlow Steel Band will be playing at the Showground entrance.
- 6.45pm - bonfire lit
- 7pm - fireworks display starts
Parts of Fifth Avenue and roads serving Fifth Avenue will be closed from 5.15pm until 8.30pm on Sunday 3 November 2019.
Parts of School Lane and Park Lane will also close from 5pm until 8.30pm. There will be restricted access for residents who live in these areas. You will still be able to access the School Lane car park.
You can view a map of all the road closures (pdf)
Free parking is available at the following car parks from 5.30pm to 8.30pm:
Limited parking is available for Blue Badge holders only at the Showground Town Park car park (off Fifth Avenue), before 6.15pm. If you are parked in this car park, you will not be able to leave until Fifth Avenue has been reopened at 8.30pm.
You can look at the other council pay and display car parks located around the Town Park
There is no parking at the former Pearson site due to redevelopment.
Toilets next to Pets' Corner will be open before, during and after the event.
We ask residents to follow these safety guidelines:
- do not bring fireworks to the event.
- be careful with sparklers
- wrap up warmly and wear appropriate footwear - the Showground may be muddy.
- bring a torch
- leave pets at home
- children must be accompanied by an adult at all times - if children become lost or separated, please report to the Control Tent at the top of the Showground
- remain behind the safety barriers at all times.
A British Red Cross First Aid tent will be situated at the top of the Showground.