Active Harlow is inviting applications for funding from organisations that aim to increase participation in sport, physical activity and movement within Harlow.
To be successful, project proposals will need to:
- demonstrate either how they will have a positive impact on physical activity levels in Harlow or how the funding will be used to assist recovery and resilience of the organisation or community in response to COVID-19
- contribute towards at least one local strategic priorities as well as at least one of the Active Essex strategic priorities
- be deliverable under current COVID-19 rules
- start before 31 March 2021
- demonstrate value for money
We expect the value of a funded project will typically be between £250 and £1,500. If your application is at the upper limit, you will have to be able to demonstrate significant impact and will need to discuss this with us before you submit your application. You can do this by sending an email with a brief description of the project and value to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Priority will be given to applications that achieve at least one strategic priority by focusing on:
- tackling inactivity (inactivity is defined as doing less than 30 minutes of physical activity per week
- women and girls
- Black, Asian and minority ethnic groups
- low income families
- long-term health conditions
- active aging
- active travel
- responding to the needs of the organisation or community resulting from COVID-19
We may cancel projects or request funding to be returned if the project:
- does not start before 31 March 2021
- fails to return satisfactory monitoring and evaluation information
- does not complete within the agreed timescale
The deadline for applications was 11.59am on 4 November 2020.
We will let all applicants know if they have been successfull by 5pm Friday 13 November 2020.
Any funding that is awarded will be paid 50% in advance of delivery and 50% on return of the agreed monitoring and evaluation information.