- Community support
- Council Tax Support
- Housing and rent
- Self employed
- Food business advice
- Bin collections
- Events and culture
We continue to review government advice on a daily basis so our services remain prepared and our staff and public have the very latest information. Our Senior Management Board is meeting daily to review the guidance and advice.
The information on this page will be updated following any changes to the government's advice or when the council's response to the coronavirus changes.
On 23 March we have closed our playgrounds until further notice
On 17 March 2020 we took a number of actions to protect the health and wellbeing of our residents and our staff as a result of the national coronavirus situation.
Civic Centre closure
From Monday 23 March 2020 the Civic Centre will close to the public until further notice. This means you will not be able to come in to make payments or get face-to-face advice. However, you will still be able to contact us by phone on 01279 446655 and access services online.
You can read our coronavirus privacy notice for information on how we will use your data during this pandemic.
This is a difficult decision for us to make but it will allow us to focus our resources on providing a full call centre to assist you at this difficult time. Support and advice will be available to anyone who will have difficulties paying a bill. We will ensure that those residents who cannot pay a bill are supported.
While we are closed, you can also still access many services online, like booking a bulky waste collection, reporting noise or litter.
Whilst we are closed, you can also still make payments online. This includes:
- Council Tax
- housing and garage rents
- business rates
- service charges
- contents insurance
- benefit overpayments
You can also pay using the 24 hour, automated telephone payments line 01279 446600
If you need help with something that is not available online, you can also contact us
Other services affected
- Harlow Playhouse is closed from 17 March until further notice
- Leah Manning is closed from 18 March until further notice – staff will contact clients to ensure their welfare remotely wherever possible
- Harlow Museum is closed from 18 March until further notice – but the gardens will be maintained
- Latton Bush will reduce opening hours and only provide essential support to the tenants
- HTS will be providing a reduced service that focusses on essential repairs only - they will be contacting affected customers
- Sam's Places is closed from 18 March until further notice
- Pets’ Corner is closed from 18 March until further notice – but there will still be staff to care for animals
- Playgrounds are closed from 23 March until further notice
- Bus Station Visitor Information Point is closed from 30 March until further notice
We are working closely with Veolia and bin collections are currently not disrupted.
We are prioritising the essential services that you need. Other council services will be operating a reduced service and where possible council staff are being supported to work from home.
Service provision is being reviewed on a daily basis and further updates will appear here.
The latest information on coronavirus, including the current situation in the UK and advice for travellers, can be read on the government website
There is also information on symptoms and how to avoid catching the virus on the NHS website
Guidance for employers and businesses can read on the government website
You can find out how the Essex County Council services in Harlow are affected (like schools, libraries and adult social care) on the Essex County Council website
Page updated: 19 March 2020