Community support


Rainbow Services are working with community groups and local authorities to create a digital register of all those in need of help in Harlow and Epping, and those wanting to give help.

They will then use this database to implement a safe approach to volunteering in Harlow and Epping whilst the outbreak continues.

If you think you may be able to offer your time to support the community, you can register your interest to volunteer as an individual

If you run a business and you think your organisation could support the response, you can register your interest to volunteer as a business

If you are a voluntary or community group and want to share what you are doing or log a request for volunteers or resources, you can also use the voluntary services and community groups form

If you want to help support others in the community, you may want to read the government's advice on how to help safely

Harlow Community Hub helpline

Harlow Community Hub is a group of volunteers offering phone support, reassurance and advice to the most vulnerable in Harlow - primarily those without internet access or support networks.

If you are having problems paying for or accessing food or collecting prescriptions, contact our Community Hub for help.

You can contact them on 01279 927005 between 9am to 5pm or email

You can read the Community Hub privacy notice to find out how they will handle your personal information.

Citizens Advice

You can get free, confidential and impartial advice on a range of issues, including applying for Universal Credit from Citizens Advice Harlow. They have stopped giving face to face advice, but you can still get advice:


We know many of you may be thinking about supporting charities during this crisis. In this time of need, it is very important that donations reach their intended cause. 

Advice for the public on giving safely to registered charities is:

  • check the charity’s name and registration number on GOV.UK as most charities with an annual income of £5,000 or more must be registered
  • make sure the charity is genuine before giving any financial information
  • be careful when responding to emails or clicking on links within them
  • contact or find out more online about the charity that you’re seeking to donate to or work with to find out more about their spending

Your local MP

If you have an issue you'd like to be raised in government, you can contact the MP for Harlow, Robert Halfon on To arrange a surgery appointment, call his Harlow office on 01279311451.