We want to help people with a disability find support to stay healthy, happy and independent.
There are a range of services available from both us, Essex County Council and other local organisations to support your needs.
The services we offer for residents with disabilities include:
- grants to help make adaptations to homes
- council tax reductions
- disabled persons parking permits
- Leah Manning Centre
- Sam's Place
- Supported Housing for aged 65 and over
- assisted recycling and waste collections (contact us to request an application form)
- Changing Places toilets (accessible with a Changing Places key located next to Pets’ Corner and the Bus Station)
More disability services for Harlow residents are offered through Essex County Council and other organisations.
- Essex County Council - blue badges
- Essex County Council - bus pass
- Essex County Council - disabled parking bays (marked on street)
- Essex County Council - children and young people with disabilities
- Harlow Wellbeing Hub
- Disabled persons railcard
- Active Essex - inclusive sport
- Essex Coalition of Disabled People
- CanalAbility - Canal Boat Holidays and Day Trips for People with Disabilities