We investigate reports of fly tipping when rubbish or bulky items are dumped on public or private land.
We can only clear dumped rubbish when it is left on:
- public land or roads
- within a Harlow council flat block
- within a garage block
We cannot clear dumped rubbish from private land ourselves, but we can issue a notice to landowners asking them to remove it.
To report fly tipping, you will need:
- the location of the dumped rubbish
- details of the person who dumped it and their vehicle registration number (if you witnessed it)
- a photo of the rubbish (if you have one)
- your name, address and contact number
Once we receive your fly tipping report, HTS (Property & Environment) Ltd will:
- remove fly-tipped waste from public land as soon as possible (this may be delayed by Enforcement Officer investigating the offence)
- remove fly-tipped waste from private land with the owner’s permission and at a cost to the owner
If our evidence proves who is responsible for the fly tipping, we will prosecute them. If the court finds them guilty, they could receive a fine of up to £50,000 or get 12 months in prison.