The Gambling Act 2005 regulates all forms of gambling.
The Gambling Commission has responsibility for overall regulation of the industry, for issuing codes of practice and for issuing operator's and personal licences to individuals.
We are the licensing authority for the Harlow area. We are responsible for issuing these licenses:
- Alcohol licenced premises
- Club gaming permits and club machine permits
- Gaming permits
- Premises licence
We follow the three licensing objectives, which are:
- preventing gambling from being a source of crime or disorder
- ensuring gambling is conducted in a fair and open way
- protecting children and other vulnerable persons from being harmed or exploited by gambling
To find out about how we make decisions on issuing licenses, read our Statement of Licensing Policy - Gambling Act 2005 (pdf)
Harlow Council has a register of applications made under the Gambling Act 2005 which can be viewed at Harlow Council, Civic Centre, Monday to Friday between 9.30am and 4.30pm (excluding Bank Holidays).
For more information please contact the Licensing Team.