We treat hate crime very seriously and will investigate reports of hate crime.
You can find out what is classed as hate crime from Essex Police
If offenders are going to be punished, hate crimes need to be reported to Essex police first.
You can report hate crime to Essex Police by calling 101. If you or anyone else is in immediate danger, call 999.
As a council, we meet regularly with other partners in the town such as the Police, Victim Support and Youth Offending Team on a Harlow Hate Crimes Panel.
The panel works to organise support for victims, prevent future crimes, and bring offenders to justice.
To report hate crime to us, you will need:
- the date and time of the incident
- the location of the incident
- a description of the incident
- a photo of the incident (if you have one)
- any details you have of the perpetrator
- whether you reported the incident to the police
- your name, address and contact number
Once we receive your hate crime report, we will:
- acknowledge your referral within 3 working days
- carry out an initial assessment of your referral within 10 working days
If you have been affected by hate crime, you can get support from Victim Support