We are redeveloping a garage site in The Readings in order to build new affordable properties.
We are building 3 new properties:
- one 2 bedroom house attached to 53 The Readings
- two 2 bedroom bungalows located behind 49 to 52 The Readings
We will also:
- improve access through to the Bowls Club service area and car parking area
- divert two drains to ensure access following the construction of the new homes
Why the work is needed
The work will regenerate one of our underutilised garage areas and build new much needed affordable homes for local residents.
The development includes a new 2 bedroom family home and two fully adaptable bungalows, which will benefit local residents.
- The Readings proposed roof plan (pdf)
- The Readings proposed floor plan (pdf)
- The Readings proposed elevations (pdf)
- The Readings demolition plan (pdf)
Planning public consultation was carried out via letters and display at the Latton Bush Centre during December 2017.
Planning permission was granted on 22 August 2018 (HW/FUL/18/00088).
We have appointed Architecture & Design Services Ltd as the architect and Atkins Ltd (Faithful & Gould) as the consultant.
Work is expected to start at the end of March 2020.
Impact on residents
We do not expect the on-site work to cause any issues to the surrounding residents and we will update them regularly.
The areas of concern we are aware of are access to the site through The Readings and car parking.
We will manage deliveries to mitigate any construction site car parking.