Our Modern Homes Programme has been running since 2013, using information from a full Housing Stock Condition Survey carried out in 2012 to 2013.
All of our properties achieved the government’s decent homes standard in March 2015.
In 2018 to 2019, we will continue our investment (with this year’s budget of £16.75m) based on our priorities:
- making sure our housing stock continues to meet the government’s decent homes standard
- continuing our external works programme
- significantly increasing our focus on our health and safety obligations
- addressing the energy efficiency of our housing Stock by replacing and renewing communal and district heating systems (and the poorest performing properties)
- addressing works identified in the Garage Strategy approved in December 2015
- improving the portfolio of our temporary accommodation
- maintaining our investment in adaptations to the homes of our most vulnerable customers
- continuing to develop housing of all tenures including social rented, and council housing
- supporting the development of HTS (Property and Environment) Limited
If you are a tenant or leaseholder, we will contact you directly about any works that affect you.
Leaseholders will have a 30 day statutory consultation in which they can give us their comments on the works and estimates of costs before the works start.
The contractor carrying out the works will issue an information pack before any work starts, which will include:
- details of the works
- the estimated length of time
- any disruption you can expect
- key contacts and emergency telephone numbers
Each area of works will be managed by a Project Manager, Clerk of Works and Customer Care Officer. They will be available to respond to any problems whilst work is in progress on site.
Internal works programme
In 2018 to 2019, our internal works programme will be delivered by HTS.
The internal works programme will deliver new:
- separate toilets
- boilers and central heating systems
The programme includes 169 properties which had to have works by March 2019. If they did not, they would have failed the decent homes standard.
All tenants who are due to receive works under the internal works programme in 2018 to 2019 will receive a letter from HTS.
External works programme
Our external works programme has been affected by the savings we have had to make to take account of the government’s policy to reduce rents by 1% each year from 2015 to 2020.
During 2018 to 2019, external works will be delivered across 2 phases, with the first being the completion of the remaining schemes to be carried out by Mulalley and Co Limited. These are:
- Parsonage Leys – estimated completion late May 2018
- Conyers – estimated completion late May 2018
- Sherwood House – estimated completion early July 2018
- Marriots – estimated completion early July 2018
- Northbrooks – estimated completion late July 2018
- Longbanks – estimated completion early August 2018
- Moorfield – estimated completion early August 2018
The second phase of external works in 2018 to 2019 will then be completed between August 2018 and March 2019, at the following schemes:
- The Hides
- Hollyfield (Blocks 134-148, 89-104)
- Woodwards (Block 55-64)
- Pyttfield (Block 18-27)
- Longfield (Block 64-79)
As well as the work at these schemes, the programme in 2018 to 2019 will also be replacing single-glazed uPVC windows at flat block schemes across Harlow.
We will contact tenants and leaseholders to confirm details of this second phase of external works in 2018 to 2019.
Energy efficiency programme
We are working to improve the energy efficiency of our homes to help tenants meet the cost of their energy bills by replacing some of the oldest heating systems.
The following schemes will have their communal boilers or district heating systems upgraded and replaced in 2018 to 2019:
- Morris House
- Latton Hall Close
- Tylney Croft
- Sumners Farm
- Fenner Brockway
- Latton House
- The Wayre
Cyclical painting programme
The communal areas in the following schemes will receive a painting uplift during 2018 to 2019:
- Broadfields 14-19, and 97-102
- Abbotsweld 211-218, and 249-256
- Willowfields 11-21, 22-32, and 33-43
- Parsonage Leys 47-57, 72-77, 106-111, and 128-133
- Mallows Green 28-32, 38-42, and 49-53
- Orchard Croft 104-121, and 122-133
- Adingtons 1-16