How to get involved in your housing service

If you are a council tenant or leaseholder and want to improve your housing service, there are many opportunities for you to get involved:

  • attend a Tenant or Leaseholder Forum to help shape future housing policies and projects
  • attend the Housing Standards Board to discuss service standards
  • attend the Tenancy Standards Panel to review the Housing Management Service
  • attend the Leasehold Standards Panel to discuss leaseholder issues and policies
  • attend the Property Standards Panel to discuss the repairs service standards
  • join your local Residents’ Association or help set one up
  • join us on an estate inspection of your area to point out areas for improvement
  • become a Designated Person to help as part of the complaints handling process
  • become a voluntary resident inspector to carry out regular site inspections
  • read our annual report to council tenants and leaseholders
  • send us your contact details so we can make you aware of events, projects and consultations
  • comment on a housing consultation 

We are always looking for more tenants and leaseholders to get involved, have their say and help us improve our service.

We will reimburse you for any expenses you incur while taking part in these voluntary activities.