The Latton Bush Centre comprises of various sized office spaces to let as well as light industrial units. For further information on available offices or units to let please contact us on 01279 446080.
Services provided for tenants
Reception main reception is fully staffed from 8:30am to 4:30pm Monday to Friday, evenings and weekends are manned by one of our Duty Stewards. The centre opens its doors at 7.30am and closes at 10.00pm Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 5.00pm Saturday. Reception is closed on Sundays and public/bank holidays, with the period between Christmas and New Year operating at reduced hours.
Mail: Each tenant is allocated a pigeonhole for mail. The Royal Mail delivers post to the centre Monday to Friday mornings (excluding bank/public holidays). It is then sorted by Latton Bush Centre staff into the appropriate pigeonhole ready for collection by tenants; please note this is not a secure postal service. The reception staff will accept all Recorded/Special delivery post from the Royal Mail and parcels etc on behalf of tenants. Any such items need to be collected from reception and signed for where necessary. The Royal Mail collect post from the main reception at 4.20pm.
Photocopier: It is possible for us to set up an account on our photocopier which will be invoiced every 6 months.
It is each tenant’s responsibility to provide their own telephones and lines and office furniture/equipment.
Latton Bush Centre staff hold a master set of keys to your offices, including internal offices. Keys will be securely held and not issued to a third party without your express consent.
Each tenant is responsible for their own internal security, which includes closing all windows, turning off lights and locking the door. The alarm for the main building is unset and reset by the Duty Steward. The alarm is set at all times when the building is unoccupied.
Standard terms for occupation of office space or units at the Latton Bush Centre
- Rent payable is based on £8.00 per square foot per annum
- Service charges based on current costs per square meter. Units are metered separately for electricity.
- We offer agreement periods of up to five years.
- Fully comprehensive service charge clause (this means that the agreement lists all the services you are entitled to receive in return for the service charge payable)
- “Non-Assignable” this means you cannot sell or part with the agreement to another party (be it another person or another legal entity for example a limited company). This applies even if that limited company is created by you and you want your new limited company to pay your rent.
- Tenant friendly break clause (this means that following three months continuous occupation you can break the agreement subject to certain conditions)
- Three months rental deposit is required in cleared funds in order to proceed with a lease agreement (this is a deposit that will be securely held by us.). As long as the agreement terms are not broken by you, the deposit with interest will be returned by you at the end of an agreement period.
- operate as a Limited Company we will need full details of your company name, registered address and copy documentation of your Memorandum of Association and Articles of Association. Where possible, we would like to see trading accounts.
- trade as an individual or under a “trading as” name, we may wish to seek both trade and bank references
- are a Registered Charity we will need details of your registered charity name, charity number and copy documentation confirming your aims, powers and objectives. We will need full details of your trustees, and details of any limitation of liability.
On signing the agreement you will be contractually obliged to pay a rent, service charge and insurance in advance by way of direct debit. These payments are separate from any business rates charged.
Planning permission: There may be planning issues where the use of the space changes. This will mean that a planning application must be made and determined before occupation and this can take around six weeks. Taking occupation before the decision is made would be at “tenants risk” and would not be recommended. We will assist as much as possible with any application by providing information regarding former occupiers. But all tenants are ultimately responsible for ensuring that there are no planning issues.
Legal Fees: Our fees will be waived for the first 4 hours of work undertaken; thereafter a % charge will be made up to a maximum of £500 for non-contentious issues.