Public notices of premises licences
We advertise any application we receive for a:
- premises licence
- club premises certificate
- variation of a premises licence
- variation of a club premises certificate
- provisional statement
We will advertise the application as a public notice for 28 days after the date we received the application.
You can view the Premises Licensing Register at the Civic Centre Monday to Friday from 9.15am to 4.30pm.
If a premises licence or application becomes under review, there is a 28 day period for representations.
Representations can be made by:
- a person living in Harlow who is likely to be affected by the licence
- a person involved in a business in Harlow who is likely to be affected by the licence
- a responsible body
The objection must relate to one of the four licensing objectives:
- the prevention of crime and disorder
- public safety
- the prevention of public nuisance
- the protection of children from harm
To make a representation, you need to:
Once we have received your representation, if the issue cannot be resolved with the applicant, we will take the application to a hearing for councillors to consider.
If you are unhappy about a decision to grant a licence and you made a relevant representation, you can appeal the decision to the magistrate’s court.