We have 5 free to use outdoor paddling pools and one splash park in Harlow. All the paddling pools and splash park are now closed and will reopen for the summer holidays 2020.
Paddling pool and splash park consultation
On Tuesday 15 October 2019 consultants Leisure and Environment (LandE) made a presentation to councillors at the Scrutiny Committee on the findings from the paddling pools and splash park consultation. The independent consultation took place in August and September 2019.
The findings will be considered as part of a review by councillors, which is looking at options for the existing five paddling pools and one splash park.
The final report on the review will be considered by the Scrutiny Committee on 3 December 2019.
- Bush Fair paddling pool - By the Tye Green Bowls Club off Tilwicks Road (CM18 6LU)
- Norman Booth paddling pool - By the Norman Booth Recreation Centre, Old Harlow (CM17 0EF)
- Potter Street Splash Park - Off Southern Way (CM17 9EJ)
- Staple Tye paddling pool - By the Great Parndon Community Association off Abercrombie Way (CM18 6YJ)
- Sumners paddling pool - By the Sumners Recreation Centre off Broadley Road (CM19 5SJ)
- Town Park paddling pool - Behind the Leah Manning Centre, off Park Lane (CM20 2PZ)
Please note when using the paddling pools and splash park:
- there are no lifeguards
- children under eight must be accompanied by an adult
- there are no toilets on site at the paddling pools and splash park
- do not take bikes, dogs or glass into the pool area
- use the bins provided or take your litter home
- staff are on duty to maintain the area, clean and monitor the water quality and report problems, although they may not always be available due to other commitments
- staff have access to a small supply of plasters and antiseptic wipes only, which if needed can be given to the parent of the child to administer
- staff are trained how to deal with an emergency situation but this does not include administering first aid
- pools may be drained at any time for health and safety reasons