With snow forecast for the coming days, pavements and public areas across the town are being gritted by Harlow Council
Main roads in Harlow are gritted by Essex Highways with Harlow Council putting in place additional arrangements to grit pavements and public spaces, to help people who need access local services get around.
Harlow Council also has teams on standby ready to clear snow and continue gritting these priority areas over the coming days.
More information on what roads in Harlow are gritted by Essex Highways can be read on Essex County Council’s website: www.essex.gov.uk/gritters. Information can also be found here on the location of salt bins in Harlow.
Harlow Council’s gritting programme covers the following priority areas:
- Harlow Town Centre including – Broad Walk, West Gate, Market Square and Bus Station
- Medical Centres and Health Centres
- The Leah Manning Centre
- Prentice Place
- Twenty-five supported housing complexes
- Neighbourhood shopping centres and shopping hatches
- Ambulance Station and Fire Station
More information on gritting can be found at www.harlow.gov.uk/gritting