Residents are reminded that there will be temporary road closures around the town on Sunday 26 August 2018 during the Harlow Carnival.
The road closures are for the safety of those watching and taking part in the Carnival. There will be around 40 different organisations in this year’s parade and hundreds of people are expected to line the route.
Advanced warning signs are now going up in various locations and diversions will be in place on the day. To reduce disruption the aim is to reopen roads as quickly as possible as the Carnival makes its way along the route. The Carnival will set off from Bush Fair at 12noon and is expected to arrive in the Town Park Showground at around 2pm.
The following main roads, which lead to the carnival route or that are on the carnival route, will be closed at various times. There will be no access to these roads from any side junctions:
- A414 Slip road onto Second Avenue - closed 10am to 3pm
- Howard Way – closed 11.30am to 2pm
- First Avenue/Mandela Avenue from The Stow roundabout to Velizy Avenue roundabout – closed 12.30pm to 3pm
- Fifth Avenue (there will still be access in and out of Sainsbury’s) – closed 11.30am to 3pm
- Second Avenue from the Clock Tower roundabout up to Tripton Road roundabout – closed 11am to 3pm
- Tillwicks Road – closed 11.30am – 2pm
Roads around Bush Fair shopping centre will be closed from 8am to 2pm as this is the carnival start point.
There will be plenty of places to watch and follow the carnival on the day and wherever possible residents are encouraged to walk to the carnival if they can.
A video of the carnival route can be viewed at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHwRyFqtNec