Local stallholders who will make up the first ever Harlow Makers Market have been announced.
The first Harlow Makers Market will be held on Saturday 17 November 2018 between 11am and 4pm in Market Square and will include a range of local makers selling products from wooden garden ornaments, baked goods and homemade cards to knitwear, jewellery, preserves and chutneys and ceramics.
The Makers Market aims to provide a unique, diverse market celebrating the ‘makers’ industry, and is about bringing together local artists, designers, crafters, entertainers, producers, cooks and bakers and providing a platform for them to sell their products.
The Makers Market will become the flagship event for the opening of the newly-refurbished Market Square in Harlow Town Centre. On the same day the Town Centre’s Christmas celebrations will begin.
The confirmed makers are:
- Logmen Garden Ornaments - www.logmen.co.uk
- Jemma Skellett - www.instagram.com/jemma_skellett/?hl=en
- Kitty Stitches - www.kittysstitches.co.uk
- Wiccaknitta - www.facebook.com/Wiccaknitta
- JPR Cardmakers
- Bluebells by Nicki - www.bluebellsbynicki.com
- Thunder Glass - www.thunderglass.co.uk
- Mrs B’s Preserves
- Park Ceramics - www.etsy.com/uk/shop/ParkCeramicsandGifts
- Phoenix Resource Centre - http://www.phoenix-resource-centre.org.uk
- Herts & Essex Community Farm – www.hecommunityfarm.co.uk
- Stepping Lightly Foods – www.facebook.com/SteppingLightlyFoods
There will also been entertainment from performers throughout the day.
As well as stalls there will also be a free ‘Elf Yourself’ workshop taking place in the Market between midday and 1.30pm and 2-3.30pm for children to make their very own elf hats as part of the Christmas Lights Switch-On celebrations.
It is hoped that Harlow Makers Market will become a regular feature in Market Square. Although expressions of interest for the first market are now closed you can still complete an expression of interest form at www.harlow.gov.uk/makers-market for the next Market which is scheduled to take place in early spring 2019.