You're likely to lose your tenancy and you could lose your right to council housing in the future if you're caught committing housing fraud.
You may be fined or sent to prison if the fraud is serious.
We are working to tackle those who abuse the system so we can ensure that properties are allocated to those who truly need them.
The most common forms of tenancy fraud are:
- unlawful subletting by letting out your council home without our permission
- obtaining housing by deception by giving false information in your application
- wrongly claimed succession by taking over a tenancy you are not entitled to
- swapping homes with another council tenant without our consent
If you suspect someone is involved in tenancy fraud, you can let us know:
- by telephone to Housing Fraud Officer on 01279 446353
- by email email@example.com
You can make reports anonymously and we will treat your report in the strictest of confidence.