Every year we carry out an annual canvass of all households in Harlow to check that the information on the electoral register is up to date.
We will send Household Enquiry Forms to every property in Harlow.
The form will be pre-printed with the details currently held on the Electoral Register for that address. It will be blank if there is nobody registered at the property.
You need to confirm that the information is correct, or make changes to incorrect information.
If your information is correct:
- you can confirm that the information is correct online. You can also use the paper form, text (80212) or phone (0800 197 9871) during the canvass, until 25 November.
- you will need your two unique security codes provided on the form to confirm your details.
If you need to make changes:
- you can make changes to your information online until 25 November. You can also use a paper form and post it back to us.
- you will need the updated details and your two unique security codes provided on the form to make changes.
Even if you are registered for other council services or pay council tax, you still need to register to vote.
If you registered after 1 July your name may not be pre-printed on the form. You will need to add your name to the Household Enquiry Form.
If you add someone to the form and they are eligible to vote they also need to register to vote.
If you do not respond to the Annual Canvass:
- a canvasser will call at your property between 7 September and 14 October 2018 to request the information.
- a final reminder will be sent in the post on 29 October if we have still not received a response.
- you could be fined up to £1000 if we have still not received a response
You will not be able to vote if your name is not on the register. You may also find it difficult getting credit for things like a mortgage or bank loan.
You will be able to view the register from 1 December 2018 at the Civic Centre.
Phone: 01279 446042
Address: Electoral Services, Latton Bush Centre, Southern Way, Harlow, Essex CM18 7BL