Many activities in the town, particularly some types of entertainment, require licences. Harlow Council is responsible for issuing these licences and ensuring that the law is not broken.

Traders/retailers that may need a licence include, betting shops/bingo halls/family entertainment centres, sex shops and cinemas, motor salvage businesses and Bars/clubs/restaurants (for sale of alcohol and entertainment purposes).

Harlow Council has responsibility for the following areas of licensing:

Other licences

The Licensing Team receive enquiries about licensing schemes that are administered by other bodies, below are contact details for the most frequent requests:

Contact the Licensing Team

For information on any of the licenses issued by Harlow Council please contact the Licensing Team on 01279 446005 / 446009 or email: or by post:

Licensing Team
Harlow Council
Civic Centre
The Water Gardens
CM20 1WG