MiPermits - virtual permits
The North Essex Parking Partnership (NEPP) have introduced MiPermit in Harlow. Using a secure online MiPermit account, residents are able to set up their resident and visitor permits themselves and pay by credit/debit card at any time. With a virtual permit in place, residents and visitors will no longer need to display paper permits or scratch cards, which will be phased out. To use a virtual permit, simply ensure the correct vehicle registration number is on the virtual permit nothing needs to be displayed in the vehicle.
Residents purchasing visitor permits via the MiPermit system will save money with ten virtual visitor permits costing £10 as opposed to ten daily paper visitor permits costing £15.
Daily paper visitor parking permits
Daily paper visitor parking permits are available to purchase, with proof of address (such as utility bill or driving licence), from Contact Harlow at the Civic Centre.
The daily paper visitor permits, which are displayed in vehicles, will gradually be phased out and replaced by MiPermit, over the coming year.
It is cheaper for residents to buy visitors permits via MiPermit; 10 permits bought online cost £10, compared to 10 daily paper permits at £15.
Other parking permits
Harlow Council is responsible for the administration of the following permits within Harlow:
- Parking permits for commercial vehicles in residential parking permit areas
- Disabled persons parking permit
- Special parking permit for care/health staff
- Special parking permit for business staff/owners
- Market trader parking permit
- Tye Green Bowls Club parking permit
- Post Office Road car park season parking permit
- Harlow Mill Station car park season parking permit
- Wych Elm car park season parking permit
Residential parking permits schemes
- Information on how to be considered for a Residential Parking (permit) Scheme
- Information on proposed Traffic Orders - includes new residential permit areas
The administration and enforcement of residential parking permits is undertaken by the North Essex Parking Partnership (NEPP).
Penalty Charge Notices (parking fines)
Enforcement of parking and waiting restrictions, both on Harlow streets and in Harlow Council owned car parks, is undertaken by the North Essex Parking Partnership.
A Penalty Charge Notice is issued to a vehicle owner where an infringement has been seen to take place. You can pay Penalty Charge Notices on the North Essex Parking Partnership website