Property inspection for immigration

If you are supporting someone applying for visa entry into the UK you need to get your property inspected.

We can inspect properties on request to ensure they are suitable, safe and will not become overcrowded with additional residents.

If the property meets the required standards then we will issue a confirmation letter which can be used as part of a visa application.

We offer property inspections if:

  • you live within Harlow
  • the person you want to support plans to live in Harlow 

You can also get a Chartered Surveyor to produce the report.


To apply for an immigration report you need to:

  • complete the immigration property inspection application form (pdf)
  • pay the £100 fee
  • provide a copy of the letter from the immigration authority (normally the British High Commission in the country the person is coming from) to show the details required in the report

You need to send the information to Environmental Health.

Once we have received your application, we will arrange for a visiting inspector to visit the property and make an overcrowding assessment.

The inspector will send his final report to your address within 10 working days of the inspection. 

Contact information

Environmental Health
Harlow Council
Civic Centre
The Water Gardens
College Square
Harlow CM20 1WG
01279 446111