Harlow Council is set to approve the appointment of Yvonne Rees as its interim chief executive.
A special council meeting will be held on Thursday 15 February, where councillors are expected to agree the appointments panel unanimous recommendation to appoint Yvonne Rees for six months with the option to extend the arrangement by a further three months.
It is also recommended that Yvonne is appointed to the statutory functions of Head of Paid Service, the Returning Officer, and the Electoral Registration Officer.
The proposed interim appointment follows the departure of Andrew Bramidge by mutual agreement.
Yvonne is an experienced council chief executive with an impressive track record in local government. Her most recent experiences were joint Chief Executive of Oxfordshire County Council and Cherwell District Council from 2018 to 2022 and then Chief Executive of Cherwell District for a year before stepping down to take on a new challenge.
Her experience includes:
- Chair of the District Councils’ Network Chief Executive Group
- Joint Chief Executive of Cherwell and South Northants Districts
- Chief Executive of Mole Valley District
- Strategic Director of Customers and Communities, Surrey County Council
- Extensive board level experience in public and private sector as well as partnerships
- Extensive representational positions for councils with government, on government partnerships and across the whole local government sector