Yoga on Prescription is a programme which supports NHS patients to gain self-care skills by learning yoga breathing, relaxation and mindfulness techniques.
For NHS patients:
• with stress, anxiety or mild to moderate depression
• at risk of Type 2 diabetes or cardiovascular disease
• suffering from social isolation
The 10- week programme will take place from Monday 7 June 2021 from 9.30am to 11.30am, at the Moot Hall, The Stow, Harlow, Essex CM20 3AG.
Each of the ten two-hour sessions are led by an expert Yoga4Health teacher and include:
• Breathing practices
• Simple yoga postures
• Meditation and mindfulness
• Group discussion
No prior experience is needed - the gentle stretching and strengthening yoga postures can be done in a chair or on a yoga mat.
There are two ways to join the programme:
1. Discuss with your GP or Social Prescribing Link Worker
2. Self-refer by contacting your local Yoga4Health teacher directly
The Yoga4Health evidence-based programme was commissioned by the NHS and created by the Yoga in Healthcare Alliance. It fuses the wisdom of ancient practices with modern medical science.
The programme’s benefits have been validated by Westminster University. Yoga4Health classes are inclusive and secular and do not promote any religious position.