Universal Credit is a new working age benefit that is being introduced in Harlow to replace the following six existing benefits:
Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support
Housing Benefit is means tested state benefit and Council Tax Support is a means tested discount.
- How much could I get and how do I apply?
- Is there a cap on benefit for working age people?
- Who can apply and what can it pay for?
- How will I be paid Housing Benefit and/or Council Tax Support?
- Can I view and manage my Benefits and Council Tax Support account online?
- What proof will I need to show for my application?
- What do I need to do if my circumstances change, or I return to work?
- What happens if I am paid too much Housing Benefit and/or Council Tax Support?
- What to do if a person receiving benefits and/or support has died