May elections

You must register to vote in the upcoming May elections before Wednesday 17 April. If you cannot attend the elections, you can apply for a postal vote before 5pm on Wednesday 17 April. Find all the key dates on our election news page.


Exceptional Hardship Payments

If you are receiving Council Tax Support, but still struggling to pay your Council Tax, then you may be able to apply for extra support.

This is called an Exceptional Hardship Payment (EHP) and is usually paid for a short period to help you make steps to pay your Council Tax in the future.

You may get an EHP if you:

  • are receiving Council Tax Support
  • are struggling to pay your Council Tax charge
  • commit to working with us to improve your situation going forward

For more information, you can read the Exceptional Hardship policy (pdf)


To apply for an EHP, you need to complete our online form.

If you have any problems with our online form, you can also use our Exceptional Hardship Payments form (pdf)

You can pick up a copy of the form in person at the Civic Centre.