The move to work scheme helps social housing tenants move closer to their workplace
It means you can join the Housing Needs Register without proving a local connection.
You will be eligible for the scheme if you need to:
- move closer to your place of work outside of Harlow
- move to a different part of Harlow because transport links make it difficult for you to get to work
- move to a different part of Harlow because you cannot travel to work, due to exceptional circumstances
- move because you’ve had a new offer of work somewhere else that is difficult for you to travel to
If you are eligible for the scheme, we will:
- give advice on your options for moving
- help you complete the paperwork to register for a move
- identify suitable properties for you and help you to place bids online
- identify possible home swap partners
- offer a lump sum if you move to a smaller home – up to £1,000
- help with some of the small costs of moving, if these are a real problem
- help you to access schools and services in the area that you need to move to
If you'd like to apply for the scheme, contact our Housing Options team.