To apply for social housing you need to join the Housing Needs Register.
The Housing Needs Register is a list of all people who qualify for social housing and need help finding somewhere to live.
You can join the Housing Needs Register if you have a:
- local connection to Harlow
- housing need
You cannot join the Housing Needs Register if you:
- do not have a local connection
- have a current antisocial behaviour order
- have lost your previous home due to antisocial behaviour
- have an outstanding injunction
- have a recent conviction related to domestic abuse
- have had a home closed by the police due to involvement with drugs
- have housing-related debt totalling £1,000 or more (not including mortgage arrears)
- have more than £50,000 from savings, equity or income
Apply for housing
To join the Housing Needs Register you will need to complete a housing application.
To complete the application form, you will need to create an account or log in using your details if you already have one. This is so that you can save the form and return to it.
If you think you might lose your home in the next 56 days (8 weeks), do not apply for housing, instead you need to fill out our online homelessness assessment form
If you cannot complete the online housing application form, you can also contact us on 01279 446655 for help applying.
We are currently receiving a high number of housing applications and it is taking us longer than usual to complete your registration.
The waiting time is currently 16 weeks.
We will contact you in writing once your registration is complete.
Report a change
If your housing circumstances change during the application process, you need to report the change to us.
If you do not report a change to us, we may cancel your application, or if you are shortlisted for housing, we may bypass you for an offer.