To apply for social housing you need to join the Housing Needs Register.
The Housing Needs Register is a list of all people who qualify for social housing and need help finding somewhere to live.
You can join the Housing Needs Register if you have a:
- local connection to Harlow
- housing need
You cannot join the Housing Needs Register if you:
- do not have a local connection
- have a current antisocial behaviour order
- have lost your previous home due to antisocial behaviour
- have an outstanding injunction
- have a recent conviction related to domestic abuse
- have had a home closed by the police due to involvement with drugs
- have housing-related debt totalling £1,000 or more (not including mortgage arrears)
- have more than £50,000 from savings, equity or income
Housing initial assessment
To join the Housing Needs Register you will need to complete an initial assessment.
We have temporarily removed our online assessment form, as we need to review the process due to coronavirus.
If you need an application form you need to phone 01279 446655.