National lockdown rules apply in Harlow. You must not leave, or be outside of your home except where necessary. You can now access community testing in Harlow to find out if you might have the virus without symptoms.

Demolition of buildings

You need to tell us if you intend to demolish a building or part of a building, at least 6 weeks before the demolition.

You don’t need to tell us if you are going to demolish:

  • a small building that is less than 50m3  (external volume)
  • an internal part of a building, where the building is occupied and it is intended that it should continue to be occupied
  • an agricultural building, unless it forms part of a building with other uses
  • a greenhouse, conservatory, shed or prefabricated garage, where they form part of a larger building

To submit notice, you need to complete the demolition notice form (pdf)

You will also need a 1:1250 site location plan to complete the form.

After you have told us you intend to demolish a building, we will send you a counter notice. You cannot demolish the building until you have received the counter notice, or 6 weeks have passed.

You may also need to get planning permission or prior approval to demolish a building.  

Find out more about demolition on the Planning Portal website