May elections

You must register to vote in the upcoming May elections before Wednesday 17 April. If you cannot attend the elections, you can apply for a postal vote before 5pm on Wednesday 17 April. Find all the key dates on our election news page.



We investigate reports of graffiti on public land and private land, where the owner has asked us to.

To report graffiti, you will need:

  • the location of the graffiti
  • a description of the graffiti
  • a photo of the graffiti (if you have one)
  • your contact details

Once we receive your graffiti report, HTS (Property & Environment) Ltd will:

  • remove the graffiti from council property within 14 working hours (obscene and racist graffiti will be removed more quickly)
  • remove graffiti from private property at a cost to the person in control of the property (obscene and racist will be removed free of charge)

If someone continues to leave graffiti, we can give them a fixed penalty notice.