Harlow Enterprise Zone occupies a strategically significant site along the UK’s Innovation Corridor, with its close proximity to London, Cambridge, Stansted Airport and the M11 making it a premier business location.
Harlow is the birthplace of fibre optics with fibre optic telecommunications technology having been invented at STC (now Kao Park) by George Hockham and Sir Charles Kao, for which they won the Nobel Prize for Science.
The Harlow Enterprise Zone builds on this tradition for innovation and enterprise with a campus environment for dynamic businesses creating new technologies and generating economic growth.
Harlow Enterprise Zone provides:
- development opportunity
- new and refurbished buildings
- easy access to London, Cambridge and Stansted Airport
- simplified planning regime
- excellent digital connectivity
The Zone includes three specific areas:
- London Road South (Kao Park) - offering ‘Grade A’ office space as well as the largest data centre development in the south east of England (Kao Data).
- London Road North (Harlow Science Park) - currently offering space within Nexus and mid-tech buildings in Modus with the site also home to the Arise Innovation Hub and more flexible workspace and a café to come in 2023.
- Templefields - existing industrial estate offering manufacturing space and longer term redevelopment opportunities with access to superfast broadband.
There are a number of benefits available to businesses in the Enterprise Zone:
- simplified planning, through the use of Local Development Orders
- better site connectivity through new and improved road measures
- access to superfast broadband
- business support, networking and supply chain development opportunities