Residential Permit Scheme

If you would like your parking area to be permitted or have parking restrictions, such as double yellow lines, you can request to have a Residential Permit Scheme.

To apply for a Residential Permit Scheme, you need to:

  • provide a petition with at least 25 signatures.
  • send the petition to the Parking Services team via Contact Harlow

Once we receive your application, we will:

  • consider it within six months
  • publish a Traffic Order for consultation. 

If a Traffic Order consultation has taken place previously, but there was not enough of a resident uptake for a permit scheme, we will only consult again after a three year period.