Register to vote

You must be registered to vote to be able to vote in the upcoming general election. If you're not registered, you still have until 11.59pm on 18 June to do so.

Report an accident or incident

If you have an accident or incident whilst on council property (non-residential) or on land owned by Harlow Council, you can report this to us.

Council-owned land includes:

  • garage blocks
  • within a communal area of a flat block owned by Harlow Council
  • footpaths
  • public buildings owned by Harlow Council
  • unadopted highways

If the accident or incident happened on a public road or pavement, the road is most probably owned by Essex County Council

You can use the Essex Highways map to find out which roads Essex own.

If you cannot use the map, you can contact us for help.

If the road or pavement is owned by Essex County Council, you can report the incident to them on their website

Once you report an incident, if it occurred on council land, our health and safety team will investigate it to decide if repairs are needed.

You should be aware that this is not a claims form and reporting an accident will not lead to compensation. You get more information on making an insurance claim