Every year we carry out an annual canvass of all households in Harlow to check that the information on the electoral register is up to date.
From 2 August 2019 Household Enquiry Forms will be sent to every residential property in Harlow.
The form will be pre-printed with the details currently held on the Electoral Register for that address. It will be blank if there is nobody registered at the property.
Please note that if you registered after 18 July your name may not be pre-printed therefore you must add your name to the Household Enquiry Form to ensure that our records are correct.
You need to confirm that the information is correct, or make changes to incorrect information.
The easiest way to respond is online. It will only take a few minutes:
- Visit www.householdresponse.com/harlow
- Enter your security codes
- Confirm, change or add household residents and submit (you only need their names and nationalities)
If your information is correct you can also text 80212 or phone 0800 197 9871.
Or you can use the paper form and post it back to us using the reply envelope provided.
We encourage you to respond as soon as possible in order to avoid unnecessary costs to the council.
If you do not respond to the Annual Canvass:
- a canvasser will call at your property between 13 September and 21 October 2019
- a final reminder will be sent in the post on 1 November if we have still not received a response.
- you could be fined up to £1000 if we have still not received a response
- your name could be removed from the Electoral Register
You will not be able to vote if your name is not on the register. You may also find it difficult getting credit for things like a mortgage or bank loan.
Please note that this is an enquiry form only – if someone is added to the form and they are eligible to vote they need to register individually at www.gov.uk/registertovote. Please see our register to vote page for more information: http://www.harlow.gov.uk/register-to-vote
The new register will be published and available for inspection on 1 December 2019 at the Civic Centre.
Phone: 01279 446042
Address: Electoral Services, Latton Bush Centre, Southern Way, Harlow, Essex CM18 7BL