We have to review our polling districts, places and stations every 4 years.
A polling district is the geographical area created by sub-dividing a constituency or ward.
A polling place is the building or area in which a polling station is located.
A polling station is the actual room or area where voting takes place.
We review the polling districts, places and stations, to make sure that they have reasonable facilities for voting and are accessible to everyone.
The last full review in Harlow took place in July 2019 and the last interim review took place in October 2021.
Interim review 2021
We conducted an interim review of the polling districts and polling places within the following wards only:
- Great Parndon
- Harlow Common
- Little Parndon and Hare Street
After a public consultation in October 2021, the following changes will take place from 1 December 2021:
- Great Parndon East: Great Parndon Community Association to be designated as the polling place for all elections.
- Harlow Common West: The Royal British Legion to be designated as the polling place for all elections.
- Little Parndon and Hare Street South: Harlow Youth Centre to be designated as the polling place for all elections.
- Little Parndon and Hare Street West: St Thomas More Church Hall to be designated as the polling place for all elections.
We are carrying out another consultation to create two polling districts and two polling places in the Netteswell ward (see details below).
Final proposals were considered at the Full Council meeting on 9 December 2021.
You can view a copy of the:
- (Acting) Returning Officer's representation (pdf)
- comments we received during the interim review consultation (pdf)
We conducted an interim review of the polling districts and polling places in Netteswell ward.
After a public consultation in December 2021 and January 2022, the following changes will take place from 1 March 2022:
- Netteswell North: Our Lady of Fatima Church Hall to be designated as the polling place for all elections.
- Netteswell South: YCT House to be designated as the polling place for all elections.
Final proposals were considered at the Full Council meeting on 3 February 2022.
You can view a copy of the:
The register of electors will be republished to take account of these changes.
After a review of polling stations in 2019, the following changes were agreed at a Full Council meeting on 31 October 2019:
- St Stephen's Church replaced William Martin School as the polling place for Bush Fair West
- Church Langley Community Centre will become the polling place for Church Langley East for one district election - it will be made permanent so long as the turnout is not below average, except for general elections and referendums, where Henry Moore school will be used
- the creation of a new polling district for Newhall, Old Harlow South, using Newhall Primary Academy as the polling place
These changes came into effect on 6 November 2019, due to the general election on 12 December 2019.
You can view all documents from the review in the polling station review 2019 document (pdf)
Copies of the review can be inspected at:
- Reception, Civic Centre, The Water Gardens, College Square, Harlow CM20 1WG
- Election Office, Latton Bush Centre, Southern Way, Harlow CM18 7BL. Call 01279 446038 to arrange the appointment
You can view the documents from the: