May elections

You must register to vote in the upcoming May elections before Wednesday 17 April. If you cannot attend the elections, you can apply for a postal vote before 5pm on Wednesday 17 April. Find all the key dates on our election news page.


Review your claim

We will review your claim for Housing Benefit or Council Tax Support regularly to make sure that the amount we pay you is correct. If your claim is selected for a review then we will contact you by email or letter to ask you to complete a review form.

If you have been asked to complete a review then you'll need to complete our online review form.

You should complete the form as soon as possible to make sure that your claim is not suspended and that you are being paid the right amount of support.


You will also need to provide evidence of your circumstances in addition to completing the review form. What evidence you will need to provide will change depending on your circumstances, but may include:

  • proof of any income you or your partner receive
  • the most recent 2 consecutive months bank statements for all accounts you or your partner hold
  • proof of income for any other adults who live in your property as part of your household
  • proof of the amount of rent you pay - unless the council is your landlord
  • proof of any childcare costs you pay

What happens next

We will recalculate your Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support claim once you have completed the review form and provided all supporting evidence.

We will write to you to let you know your new entitlement and confirm whether you have been overpaid.

You can receive your notifications more quickly by signing up to a My Revenues and Benefits online account