May elections

You must register to vote in the upcoming May elections before Wednesday 17 April. If you cannot attend the elections, you can apply for a postal vote before 5pm on Wednesday 17 April. Find all the key dates on our election news page.


Alcohol and entertainment licensing policy

The Licensing Act 2003 regulates:

  • the supply of alcohol
  • the provision of regulated entertainment
  • the provision of late night refreshment

We are the licensing authority for the Harlow area. We are responsible for issuing these licenses:

  • personal licence
  • premises licence
  • club premises certificate
  • temporary event notice

We follow the 4 licensing objectives, which are:

  • The prevention of crime and disorder
  • Public safety
  • The prevention of public nuisance
  • The protection of children from harm

We advertise the applications we receive for premises licences and club premises certificates. 

To find out about how we make decisions on issuing licenses, read our alcohol and entertainment licensing policy statement (pdf)