Problems with a pub or other licensed premises

We grant premises licences to places that sell alcohol or provide entertainment such as pubs, nightclubs and music venues.

If you are experiencing issues with a local pub or other premises, such as loud noise, crime and disorder or you think the premises is not operating within its license, then you should report this.

If the problem is related to:

Applying to review the license

If you believe that a premises licence holder is not keeping to any of our 4 licensing objectives, you can make an application to review their licence. 

The 4 licensing objectives are:

  • the prevention of crime and disorder
  • public safety
  • the prevention of public nuisance
  • the protection of children from harm

To apply for a review of a premises licence or club premises certificate, you need to:

Your application will be stronger if other nearby residents, businesses and responsible authorities support your application.

If we decide to review a premises licence, there will be a 28-day period for representations

Contact information

Harlow Council
Civic Centre
The Water Gardens
College Square
Harlow CM20 1WG