We grant premises licences to places that sell alcohol or provide entertainment such as pubs, nightclubs and music venues.
If you are experiencing issues with a local pub or other premises, such as loud noise, crime and disorder or you think the premises is not operating within its license, then you should report this.
If the problem is related to:
- noise, you should report a noise problem to our Environmental Health team
- crime, antisocial behaviour and disorder, you should report crime to the police.
- a suspected breach of a planning control, like misusing an outbuilding with planning restrictions, you should report this breach to our planning department
- a suspected breach of the premises license, such as serving alcohol out of the licensed hours, you should report this to our licensing department by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 01279 446655
Applying to review the license
If you believe that a premises licence holder is not keeping to any of our 4 licensing objectives, you can make an application to review their licence.
The 4 licensing objectives are:
- the prevention of crime and disorder
- public safety
- the prevention of public nuisance
- the protection of children from harm
To apply for a review of a premises licence or club premises certificate, you need to:
- complete the review of a premises licence or club premises certificate application form (odt)
- send the application form to the Licensing team and all responsible authorities
Your application will be stronger if other nearby residents, businesses and responsible authorities support your application.
If we decide to review a premises licence, there will be a 28-day period for representations.
The Water Gardens
Harlow CM20 1WG