May elections

You must register to vote in the upcoming May elections before Wednesday 17 April. If you cannot attend the elections, you can apply for a postal vote before 5pm on Wednesday 17 April. Find all the key dates on our election news page.



If we receive an application for a new premises licence, a variation to an existing licence or to review a licence we will advertise this on our public notices page.

There is a 28 day consultation period for representations, except for minor variation applications, which have a 10 day period.

Representations can be made by:

  • a person living in Harlow who is likely to be affected by the licence
  • a person involved in a business in Harlow who is likely to be affected by the licence
  • a responsible body

The representation must relate to one of the 4 licensing objectives, which are:

  • the prevention of crime and disorder
  • public safety
  • the prevention of public nuisance
  • the protection of children from harm

To make a representation, you need to:

Once we have received your representation, if the issue cannot be resolved with the applicant, we will take the application to a licensing subcommittee for councillors to consider. 

If you are unhappy about a decision of the subcommittee and you made a relevant representation, you can appeal the decision to the magistrates court. 

Contact information

Harlow Council
Civic Centre
The Water Gardens
College Square
Harlow CM20 1WG