Waste Collections

All food waste collections are currently suspended. Garden Waste collections are currently behind schedule. You can find the latest on all waste collections on our news page.


Dangerous wild animals licence

If you want to keep a dangerous wild animal in Harlow, you will need a licence.

You must be over the age of 18 to apply for this licence.

To apply for a dangerous wild animal licence, you need to:

  • contact us for an application form
  • pay the fee of £170

If we need to consult a vet as part of the application process, you will also need to pay the vet fees.

Once we have received your application, we will arrange for an inspection of the premises. 

Before granting a licence, we will need to make sure:

  • the animal’s safety and welfare will not be threatened
  • there will be no risk to the public
  • the animal will not cause a nuisance to the public

If we grant your licence, it will be valid from 1 January to 31 December, regardless of when we grant it.

You need to renew your licence every year before the current licence expires.

If we refuse to grant your licence, you can appeal to the magistrates court within 21 days of receiving notice of the decision.

Contact information

Environmental Health
Harlow Council
Civic Centre
The Water Gardens
College Square
Harlow CM20 1WG
01279 446111